Felix O'Hare & Company Ltd is a building and construction contractor with over one hundred years of experience. The company is an ethically led organisation with strong corporate values and commitment. They subscribed to SustainIQ in 2019 and are currently in their second year of subscription. Felix O'Hare use SustainIQ on all of their construction projects across Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
How is SustainIQ being used at the Merchant Square Belfast project?
SustainIQ is being used at the Merchant Square project:
- To track local procurement of subcontractors and suppliers of products and materials;
- Monitor the use of FSC/PEFC timber and recycled products / products made from recycled content;
- All aspects of environmental management including waste, energy / carbon, water, emissions generated through deliveries and business transport and biodiversity;
- Apprenticeship and placement opportunities created by the project;
- To measure the impact of the health & wellbeing strategy implemented on site;
- To monitor all community, volunteering and educational initiatives that take place through the project;
- All donations raised by the project team for charitable causes.
What are the main benefits of using SustainIQ on this project?
SustainIQ is used to compile the projects sustainability performance centrally.
The information is then accessed and used for various reasons including:
- Demonstrating compliance with BREEAM requirements throughout the project;
- Assisting with Considerate Constructors Scheme site visits;
- Sustainability performance is included within the monthly progress reports;
- Allowing the Site Team to keep track of their sustainable performance in real time.
Some key sustainability performance statistics from the project
- 97% of construction stage waste has been diverted from landfill
- 68% of subcontractors appointed to the project are located within 30 miles radius of the project having a significant positive socio-economic impact through procurement
- 79% of suppliers orders were procured within 30 miles radius of the project having a significant positive socio-economic impact through procurement
Sustainability is central to our business. We are committed to designing and constructing intelligent buildings that will operate efficiently for years to come. We remain focused on reducing our waste to landfill and increasing our energy and resource efficiency right across all business operations. We embrace technology that improves how we operate as a business and that is why we have invested in SustainIQ.