How is SustainIQ being used?
- To track local procurement of goods and materials from suppliers.
- To measure and record the impacts of subcontractors at source.
- All aspects of environmental management including waste, energy/carbon, water, emissions generated through deliveries and business transport.
- To record any ecology impacts on site or at the nearby river.
- To gather information at source for monthly progress reports to client.
- To monitor the use of FSC/PEFC timber and recycled products/products made from recycled content.
- To track inputs and outputs on community initiatives in the local area linked with the construction project.
- To track the engagement of apprentices and record training hours.
What are the main benefits of using SustainIQ for this project?
SustainIQ is used by Henry Brothers on all construction projects, enabling the coordination of all project data and easy access to the information for a range of uses. On this project, the main benefits include:
- Graphs and charts at the touch of a button, giving a visual record of progress.
- Assisting with Considerate Constructors Scheme site visits.
- Performance reports on KPIs for Henry Brothers’ Board.
- Real-time data to feed into regular compliance checks.
- Benchmarking against other projects.
Some key sustainability performance statistics from the project:
98.6% of construction stage waste on this project diverted from landfill
362.9kg of scope 3 carbon emissions captured for mileage across deliveries, waste and business miles
180 weeks of apprenticeship employment on this project from 6 apprentices – 4 advanced, 1 intermediate and 1 degree level
We have fully embraced the efficiency and the wealth of data that SustainIQ provides us with across the 4 pillars. This enables us to monitor and measure our carbon, ensuring we are on track to meet our Net-Zero Carbon Agenda for the business. The transparency that the system offers provides us with a holistic overview, enabling the generation of simple reports which are used for everything from client requests to highlighting performance on our individual sites. Across our sites, we have worked with SustainIQ to bring recording of our Scope 3 emissions data more in line with our site procedures, enabling us to become fully paperless. The ease of recording our waste, water, electricity, and delivery miles data ensures that we can effectively meet our site and company KPIs
Ian Henry, Corporate Responsibility Director