How is SustainIQ being used?
- To track local procurement of goods and materials from suppliers.
- To measure and record the impacts of subcontractors at source.
- All aspects of environmental management including waste, energy/carbon, water, emissions generated through deliveries and business transport.
- To record any ecology impacts on site or at the nearby river.
- To gather information at source for monthly progress reports to client.
- To monitor the use of FSC/PEFC timber and recycled products/products made from recycled content.
- To track inputs and outputs on community initiatives in the local area linked with the construction project.
- To track the engagement of apprentices and record training hours.
What are the main benefits of using SustainIQ for this project?
SustainIQ is used by Henry Brothers on all construction projects, enabling the coordination of all project data and easy access to the information for a range of uses. On this project, the main benefits include:
- Graphs and charts at the touch of a button, giving a visual record of progress.
- Assisting with Considerate Constructors Scheme site visits.
- Performance reports on KPIs for Henry Brothers’ Board.
- Real-time data to feed into regular compliance checks.
- Benchmarking against other projects.
Some key sustainability performance statistics from the project:
98.6% of construction stage waste on this project diverted from landfill
362.9kg of scope 3 carbon emissions captured for mileage across deliveries, waste and business miles
180 weeks of apprenticeship employment on this project from 6 apprentices – 4 advanced, 1 intermediate and 1 degree level
“Here at our Alfreton project, we have embraced the efficiency that SustainIQ provides us with on site for recording of data across all 4 pillars. We worked with SustainIQ to bring recording of scope 3 emissions data more in line with our site procedures, to become fully paperless with a particular focus on signing in and out of site to capture mileage data. The ease of recording our waste, water and electricity data ensures that we can effectively meet our site KPIs.
Rob Mason, Site Manager